Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Citizenship Test

ImNotEmeril has a link to an online citizenship test that asks some of the same questions that immigrants seeking naturalization have to answer. Not surprisingly, he passed with flying colors. Or, as he puts it, "I get to stay."

Me, too.

How well will you do?

You Passed the US Citizenship Test

Congratulations - you got 10 out of 10 correct!

Frankly, the questions seemed a bit simplistic. So I have to wonder if the test is an authentic example of what candidates for naturalization actually face.

Don't forget to visit ImNotEmeril if you're thinking about attending the Blogs United conference in Martinsville in August. He notes that registration is open and has a link to the conference web site, Blogs United in Martinsville for Free Speech.

Speaking of naturalization, I'm planning to attend the annual Independence Day ceremony to swear in new citizens at Monticello this morning. I have been to several previous ceremonies -- my first time, in 2000, Secretary of State Madeleine Albright was the speaker, and in subsequent years I've heard author Frank McCourt, USA Today founder Al Neuharth, and last year's guest speaker, architect I.M. Pei.

This year's featured speakers are environmental artists Christo and Jeanne-Claude. If I'm able to do so, I'll report on the event later today.

No comments: