Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Time Capsule

A few months ago, the Wauwatosa Historical Society put out a call for reminiscences of the Wauwatosa fire department.  The idea was to collect memories and memorabilia to put into a time capsule that will be embedded in the new fire department headquarters building.

I responded to the request with an original Wauwatosa News-Times edition featuring photographs and an article about the fire that ravaged my family's house in July 1975, along with the two blog posts I did about that event, printed on paper.

The latest issue of the Historic Wauwatosa newsletter reports that I was one of four people who answered the call.  I suppose it's a good thing that more people did not have recollections of interactions with the fire department -- it means most homes were not touched by disaster.

So I guess my materials will be immortalized -- or at least be found by some future generation that opens the time capsule.  I wonder if those who dig it up will be human or alien.  Will they be able to read 21st century English?




Be sure to visit my CafePress store for gifts and novelty items!
Read my blog on Kindle!
Follow my tweets on Twitter! 

See my articles on Examiner.com!

No comments: