Thursday, November 02, 2006

Wow! Thanks, Andrew!

I was a guest on Coy Barefoot's radio program from 5:30 to 6:00 this evening. I was preceded by fellow Virginia bloggers Chad Dotson and Kenton Ngo. (A podcast of the program will be available soon at the Charlottesville Podcasting Network.) We discussed the Virginia Senate race, the integrity of electronic voting systems, and the so-called marriage amendment -- it was a very fast half-hour.

After the show, I ran some errands and grabbed some dinner. When I got home, I decided to check my traffic reports to see if an appearance on Charlottesville ... Right Now might bring in any new visitors. (The last time I did a radio program wearing my blogger's hat, two or three people visited during the course of the show. I figured that Coy's afternoon drive-time listenership might bring in more than that.)

Boy, was I surprised! I had to give my computer screen a double-take. (If I had been drinking, the screen would have been drenched by a spit-take.) The numbers had gone through the roof:



Thanks to a link from Andrew Sullivan, this blog has received more visitors in the past five hours than it usually receives in a month.

Apparently, Andrew's readers are particularly interested in the statement by nearly 300 Virginia religious leaders who have announced their principled opposition to the Marshall/Newman amendment.

Welcome, new readers -- I hope you'll come back for more! And don't forget to patronize our advertisers or leave a gratuity in the tip jar.

Update: Sean Tubbs has posted my interview segment from "Charlottesville .... Right Now" right here. Coy's interview with Kenton is here, and his interview with Chad is here. This is how he summarizes my half-hour on the program:

Coy Barefoot continues his series on Virginia bloggers with a conversation with Rick Sincere, a libertarian blogger from Charlottesville. Sincere wonders why the Republicans in government have strayed so far away from their core values while in power.

“When the Republicans gained control of Congress in 1994, there was a lot of hope they would roll back the federal monstrosity,” says Sincere. “It hasn’t happened.”

Sincere also says dire predictions about electronic voting machines are not warranted. He also explains why he’s voting no on the Marshall-Newman amendment.
Thanks, Sean! And thanks, Coy, too!


1 comment:

Claire Gastanaga said...

Can you get Andrew to link to Blogging the Amendment?
:-)
Claire