Friday, May 30, 2008

Liveblogging the RPV Convention - Part I

To be honest, there's not much to report from the Republican Party of Virginia state convention in Richmond.

I arrived after the registration table had closed, so I am a man without identification. Many delegates are stuck in the main ballroom of the convention center, waiting for the arrival of Vice President Dick Cheney, who will be giving a post-banquet address at the RPV Gala.

A handful of people are hanging around the exhibition hall, but it is largely deserted. Hospitality suites -- and there are many -- begin at about 9:00 p.m. Some will be here in the convention center, others across the street at the Marriott Hotel.

The most exciting thing to be seen so far are some protesters who think Dick Cheney is a war criminal and should be arrested or impeached (or both). I grabbed some video, which I may be able to post later.

Here are some photos from the empty exhibit hall.






No comments: