Thursday, May 15, 2008

Prince Caspian and Peter Pevensie

Chronicles of Narnia Lion Witch Wardrobe Virginia Film FestivalLater tonight, the much anticipated sequel to the 2005 film, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, will be debuting at midnight screenings across the country.

The new film, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, takes up where the last one left off (with a gap of about 1,300 years, as I understand it.)

I posted my first video to YouTube on October 26, 2006, and have now put 145 videos on that site, many of which have also ended up on the blog, as well.

Of those 145 videos, the two most popular -- by far -- have been very short, quite silent clips of William Moseley, who plays Peter Pevensie in the Narnia films. Moseley was a special guest at the Virginia Film Festival in October 2006. In one of the videos I took, he is participating in a panel discussion moderated by film critic David Edelstein. As of a few minutes ago, that video had 6,221 visitors on YouTube:

In the other video, young Mr. Moseley is signing autographs for delighted fans. That one has attracted 6,709 visitors and 13 text comments (mostly about his hair) on YouTube:
Just for comparison, let me note that, of my 145 posted videos, the third most popular is called "Scenes from a Debate Season," showing images of me and my fellow debaters at Marquette University High School during the 1975-76 academic year. It has had 1,400 visitors:
I figure, as teenage boys go, Peter Pevensie/William Moseley is about five times as popular as loquacious Catholic high school students from Milwaukee wearing leisure suits. What's curious is how much more popular he seems to be than Liev Schreiber, Bay Buchanan, my nephew Gavin, Robert Duvall, Sam Waterston, and Morgan Freeman. By the way, I'll be seeing Prince Caspian tonight and may have comments about it after the screening has ended.  (Chronicles of Narnia photo provided courtesy of the Virginia Film Festival.)


No comments: